Planned giving, very simply, is the process of designing charitable gifts so that the donor realizes philanthropic objectives while maximizing tax and other financial benefits.
Generally, any gift made with forethought about the benefit to the charity and the financial implications to the donor and the donor’s family is a planned gift. By making a planned gift today, you ensure the future of the Foundation. There are many ways to make a planned gift to the Foundation and several benefits.
Planned gifts can:
- Leverage modest, current gifts of disposable income into larger future sums; increasing your gift potential
- Maximize your available tax, financial and estate benefits
- Help you earn tax free income
- Ensure that your personal and financial objectives are met
- Leave a legacy and testament of your loyalty to the Hospital or a particular area of the Hospital
- Be personally rewarding
Here are a few venues through you may make planned gifts:
- Charitable Annuities
- Life Insurance Policies
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
For more information on planned giving consult your financial planner or refer to our pamphlet, What you Need to Know about Planned Giving.
Levels of Giving
The Foundation is proud and honoured to recognize our donors at four unique levels of giving: