– 1st Floor, 514-630-2225 ext. 1303
Our Imaging department is equipped with a state-of-the-art CT-scan room, which can scan an average of 75 patients per day. The department performs over 78,000 exams every year.
– 1st Floor
With over 37,000 visits to our Emergency Room every year, the team works hard and diligently to provide our community with high-quality care 24/7.
– 2nd Floor
With over 17,000 surgeries performed every year, our team strives to stay current in their approaches to patient care through the use of cutting-edge technology and continuing education.
– 1st Floor, 514-630-2225 ext. 1630
– 1st Floor, 514-630-2225 ext. 1998
Over 4,400 oncology treatments every year are administered at Lakeshore, and recently purchased chairs and an updated paint job have made the department more comfortable for our patients.
– 1st Floor, 514-630-2225 ext.
Our short-stay mental health unit currently has 5 beds, but 3 more beds and a new shower will soon be added to the unit.
– 2nd Floor, 514-630-2225 ext. 2299
Over 1,600 babies are born at Lakeshore every year! Our hospital offers private pre and post-partum rooms to ensure mom and baby’s utmost comfort while in our care.
- Diabetes Clinic – 1st Floor, 514-630-2225 ext. 1821
- ENT – 1st Floor, 514-630-2225 ext. 1799
- Gastroenterology – 1st Floor, 514-630-2225 ext. 1799
- General Surgery – 1st Floor, 514-630-2225 ext. 1799
- Hematology – 1st Floor, 514-630-2225 ext. 1799
- Infectious Diseases – 1st Floor, 514-630-2225 ext. 1609
- Internal Medicine – 1st Floor, 514-630-2225 ext. 1799
- Neurology – 1st Floor, 514-630-2225 ext. 1799
- Orthopedics – 1st Floor, 514-630-2225 ext. 1799
- Pediatric Asthma – 1st Floor, 514-630-2225 ext. 1799
- Respiratory Therapy – 1st Floor, 514-630-2225 ext. 1799
- Urology – 1st Floor, 514-630-2225 ext. 1799
- Nephrology – 1st Floor, 514-630-2225 ext. 1841
- Dialysis – 1st Floor, 514-630-2225 ext. 1899
- Intensive Care Unit – 2nd Floor, 514-630-2225 ext. 2599
- Day Medicine – 1st Floor, 514-630-2225 ext. 1901
- Ophthalmology/Cataracts – 3rd Floor, 514-630-2225 ext. 3279
- Endoscopy – 3rd Floor, 514-630-2225 ext. 3291
- Medical Records – Basement, 514-630-2225 ext. 6270
Mr. Gabay, an economist by profession, has 16 years’ experience in the health and social services network. For the past three years he has been the Associate Executive Director at the CIUSSS du Centre-Ouest-de-l’Île-de-Montréal.
His innovative approach was particularly evident in the various business intelligence tools he implemented to support physicians, nurses, and managers. We look forward to working with Mr. Gabay, whose background and know-how will benefit both our Hospital and the community.
(listed alphabetically by last name)
- Tania Antoniadis
- Dr. Fadi Aris
- Dr. Caleb Bouhairie
- Dr. Tomas Kaufman
- Dr. Anita Kuriya
- Dr. Adrian Langleben
- Dr. Rolf Loertcher
- Dr. Robin Nathanson
- Dr. Sevan Ortaaslan
- Dr. Francesco Ramadori
- Dr. Mitchell Rodier
- Dr. Rickul Varshney
- Dr. Christian Zalai
Assistant Chief of Pharmacy
Chief, Family Med
Chief, Specialty Med
Chief, Anesthesia & ICU
Assistant Professor of Surgery
Dr. Christian Zalai is an Assistant Professor of Surgery for the Department of Surgery at McGill University. He currently serves on the Executive Council of the Council of Physicians, Dentists and Pharmacists of the West Island Health Authority. He is a Staff General and Colorectal surgeon at the Lakeshore General Hospital.
When the Auxiliary began in 1962, the bricks and mortar that constitute today’s Lakeshore General Hospital had not been laid. The City of Pointe-Claire donated space in Stewart Hall where the women who formed the Auxiliary could work tirelessly to stuff envelopes with flyers and pamphlets aimed at heightening the community’s awareness of the coming hospital. Members of the Auxiliary opened a little gift shop in Stewart Hall to help raise funds for the hospital. When the hospital finally opened, the Auxiliary agreed to provide the hospital with a coffee shop, a gift shop and a book corner to serve the patients, their families, visitors and the hospital staff. To this day, they continue to offer these very successful services.
The focus of the Auxiliary has always been the care and well-being of the patients. To this end, the volunteers have served in over twenty areas of the hospital to bring help, comfort and a warm smile to the patients, thus allowing the professional staff to focus on the medical needs. Their commercial enterprises provide them with the funds to help the hospital purchase much-needed equipment to improve the hospital’s medical services and treatment. The Auxiliary also provides bursaries to support hospital staff as they continue their professional training.
For the past 60 years, the Auxiliary has remained true to its focus – to enhance the quality of the care and well-being of the patients. Every patient deserves to receive all-star care and treatment, and the members of the Auxiliary of the Lakeshore General Hospital work very hard to make that happen.
To volunteer with the Auxiliary, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 514-630-2225 x2119.