Pointe-Claire (Québec) – September 19, 2016 – The 20th edition of the National Bank Duck Race, was held on September 17th as part of the Naturellement Sainte-Anne event. Thousands of people enjoyed the many activities throughout the day and supported the Lakeshore General Hospital Foundation who managed to raise $50,450, which will go to the expansion and improvement of the Intensive Care Unit of the Lakeshore General Hospital. In addition to the National Bank, the event was supported by our gracious prize partners: Expedia Cruise Centres, Plus Belle la Vie, L’Espace Beaconsfield, Hemsleys Jewellers, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, Canadian Scholarship Trust Plan, Delta Quebec, Oasis Optique and sponsored by the City of Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, Spinelli, Cora Pointe-Claire, Parks Canada, Elran and the Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel.
“The Duck Race is closely tied to the Foundation, it’s our trademark!” says Heather Holmes, Managing Director of the Lakeshore General Hospital Foundation. “This is a very entertaining event for the young and the not so young, and this 20th edition was no exception to the tradition. The logistics around the launch of the rubber ducks is immense. To this end, we thank Hewitt, who poured the 5,000 ducks with a tractor, Parks Canada who lent a helping hand at the locks, and Euphorbia, who livened the event with their music! “We are so grateful to all our partners, sponsors, and volunteers, without whom we would not be able to hold this event”, adds Ms. Holmes.
The 7 lucky winners are :
- 1st prize : John Hudson (ticket 0343) 7-day cruise for 2 to the Bahamas ($4,000 value)
- 2nd prize : Martin Corriveau (ticket 2418) Cash Prize of $2,000 ($2,000 value)
- 3rd prize : Albert Jordan (ticket 0873) Private reception dinatoire package ($1,500 value)
- 4th prize : Armen Djmalian (ticket 0097) Movado watches – his and hers ($1,300$ value)
- 5th prize : Jean Lachance (ticket 3692) 1 gift basket per month for 1 year ($1,000 value)
- 6th prize : Jean Russell (ticket 0344) Contribution : Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) ($1,000 value)
- 7th prize : Denise Gervais (ticket 1129) 2-night getaway for 2 in Quebec City + $500 cash ($1,000 value)
Annual Partners: The LGHF would like to thank the following for signing on as official partners and supporting the Foundation in its mission: Desjardins, Catsys IT & Media, Radimed West-Island, Réseau Sélection, Spinelli, TC Media, Aqua Spa Lyne Giroux, Belvedere Cemetery and Funeral Complex, Club Piscine Pierrefonds, Complexes Funéraires Yves Légaré, GroupJKC, Jean Coutu (Beaurepaire), L’Espace Beaconsfield Inc., Mansfield Athletic Club, Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel, Pharmaprix SouthwestOne/MedEquip, Pianos Bolduc, Plus Belle la Vie, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, Sean Fitzpatrick (Group Sutton Quebec), Spa CurAge, and Team Laudi (Investors Group).
About the LGHF
Founded in 1964, the Foundation’s mandate is to collect the necessary funds to improve patient care at the Lakeshore General Hospital. In this way, it contributes to the purchase of state-of-the-art equipment, major structural renovations, and programs and specialized training for the professional staff – initiatives not supported by the government.