Pointe-Claire (Québec) – August 31, 2017 – The Lakeshore General Hospital Foundation’s (LGHF) Duck Race event will be held in collaboration with the West Island Mommies Family Fun Fair on September 10, 2017, at the Holiday Inn – Pointe-Claire, from 10 am to 3 pm. The 21st edition of this fun-filled family event proposes a completely renewed formula offering many activities in the “Yellow Ducky Play Zone”. The seven-prize draw will take place at 2:30 pm and funds raised will go towards improving health care for the West Island community.
Yellow Ducky Play Zone
By purchasing a $10 Duck Race ticket on-site, you will not only get a chance to win one of seven fabulous prizes, including a cruise for two to the Bahamas, but you will receive a magnificent plush Lapins Crétins toy, for the enjoyment of the young and the young at heart, as well as a coupon redeemable for a homemade flavour of the day ice cream cone at Miss Manitts Bakery.
You will also have the opportunity to have even more fun by participating in a host of activities offered in the Yellow Ducky Play Zone, while receiving prizes for each one. Here are a few examples:
- Measure your skills in the Cash Cube, by catching one of the lucky tickets;
- Participate in the Duck Race by advancing yours with a straw;
- Pose with our mascot and be part of our photo album.
The seven prizes that will be drawn at 2:30 pm:
- A cruise for two to from New York to the Bahamas offered by Expedia CruiseShip Centers, valued at $4,000;
- A private cocktail-dinner package for 30 people valued at $1,500 offered by L’Espace Beaconsfield;
- A $100 per month gift certificate for one year at Bâton Rouge, DDO;
- His and hers Seiko watches worth $1,100 from Hemsleys Jewellers;
- A cash prize of $1,000 courtesy of Cimetière et Complexe Funéraire Belvédère;
- One gift basket per month for one year valued at $1,000 from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory;
- A two-night getaway for two in Quebec City, sponsored by the Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel, including train travel voucher, valued at $1,000.
The Lakeshore General Hospital Foundation would like to thank all the event sponsors mentioned above, including Le Centre d’Amusement Les Lapins Crétins, Mariani Delights, Montessori Pointe Claire and Squish Candies.
Annual Partners: The LGHF would like to thank the following for signing on as official partners and supporting the Foundation in its mission: Desjardins, Montreal Gazette, Catsys IT & Media, Groupe Spinelli, Réseau Sélection, TC Media, AMJ Campbell, Aon Parizeau Inc., Aqua Spa Lyne Giroux, Ask Mama MOE, Château Dollard, Club Piscine Pierrefonds, Groupe Yves Légaré Inc., GroupJKC, Jean Coutu (Beaurepaire), Maison Fusion, Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel, Pharmaprix Southwest One/MedEquip, Plus Belle la Vie, Radimed, Sean Fitzpatrick (RE/MAX Cadibec Inc.), Team Laudi (Investors Group), The Girls In The City, West Island Mommies and What’s Up West-Island.
About the LGHF
Founded in 1964, the Foundation’s mandate is to collect the necessary funds to improve patient care at the Lakeshore General Hospital. In this way, it contributes to the purchase of state-of-the-art equipment, major structural renovations, and assists in supporting programs and specialized training for the professional staff, providing funding to initiatives not supported by the government.